Keep The Anchor Of Your Soul Short

Like I have said before these past two weeks have been stressful. Coming back from the mission trip, going  back to work, driving, the blog etc. Coming from a person that suffers from some sort of anxiety disorder I do not handle stress very well. Various things occur such as...

  1. rapid heart beat
  2. sweating
  3. heat flashes
  4. butterflies in my stomach
  5. headaches 
  6. mind shutdown
  7. sometimes crying.
This usually happens about a week after the mission trip. The first week back is hard but I am so spiritually amped up that it doesn't really bother me. Then around week two or three is when it goes back to normal and something finds it way for me to worry about. What happens is when you miss a week of work they set you to work for pretty much the whole week at random hours and then randomly text you to see if you can take someone else's shift. Then you have to practice almost every day for your driving test that makes you want to throw up whenever you think about it. I kept telling myself that I needed to turn to God because he is the one in control and knows what is going to happen to me today, tomorrow, the day after that and for the rest of my life. Because every time I freaked out about something that I just felt was going to go right it somehow miraculously worked out and I am still here today. I just remember that Spongebob failed his test 1,258,056 times.
I am not the type of person that religiously reads a devotional but there is one that I absolutely love and it's Jesus's Calling by Sarah Young. Today I decided to read it. It talked about how we are sometimes pulled away from Jesus because of the things that scare us or get our attention. This has been me for the past two weeks. I haven't been focusing on God, just the problems in my life. Everyday there is something that pulls our heart away from God. It's just life and the devil unfortunately. When we are pulled away we need to pull our hearts back. Life is stressful and hard, there are certain ways to handle it. Do it your way though, what you find works best for you. I know that's easier said than done. Here is some ways to do it.

  1. Reading the bible.
  2. Praying in the way that you find most effective.
  3. Meditating for five minutes a day. (I actually enjoy doing this.)
  4. Reading a book you loved.
  5. Leaving the place that makes you angry or starts pulling your heart away.
  6. Taking a nap
  7. Listen to some soft music. 
  8. Call or text a friend 
  9. Yoga
  10. Write in a journal, even if your not a writer. It's better to get your thoughts on a piece of paper.
Personally I like the second list rather than the first one. I'm going to try to do some of these everyday for a while and i'll tell you how it went. Also I have talked about them before but i'm going to talk about them again. Wellcast is amazing and I am so ready for them to come back this fall. They have a video for just about everything and of course talk to God about what's frustrating you.
DFTBA
-AB

Comments

Popular Posts