Jumping the Gun

     Well, I'm back! However, I'll be leaving again tomorrow to go to the beach, so this post will be the last one from me for the next few days.
This so accurately describes me last night. 
     I've had a bit of a debacle, and I really think it's taught me to not jump to conclusions too soon. You see, I ordered some books from Amazon, and two of my packages came in the mail over the weekend. One of them was okay: my copy of "The Secret Diary of Lizzie Bennet" shipped perfectly, and quickly, and I am already on page 77, and it's amazing. But the package that was supposed to contain "If I Stay" seemed ridiculously too small to be a full length novel of any sort. So when I opened it and found inside a copy of a children's books called "Pinky and Rex", you can imagine my frustration. I literally spent all last evening repeating "I SPENT TEN DOLLARS TO GET "IF I STAY", NOT SOME FIFTY CENT KIDS BOOK MEANT FOR SOME WOMAN IN FLORIDA". Needless to say, my family was getting annoyed with my frustration. Anyway, I went straight to Amazon's customer service area, which was exactly 0% helpful, as it said NOTHING about my problem, even though I am totally sure the same issue has happened to other people. Actually, it recently happened to my friend MF, so you'd think they'd have some sort of solution. But after huffing and puffing for about two hours, and angrily shutting the computer off and stomping to my room about the whole issue (seriously, books are important to me), the Newb told me to stop being stupid and read the order paper that came with the book to see if there was any information. Like always, my bro was right, and there was an email address on the paper. So I emailed the place and told them about my little (read: big) issue, and tried to calm myself down. Then this afternoon, I checked my email, and they'd already responded, apologizing for the mix up and telling me they'd shipped "If I Stay" out today, and that I could keep, donate, or gift "Pinky and Rex". I will take it to Second and Charles and make money off of it. Haha. That's how I roll.
     So I had been planning to rant about how much I hate ordering things from internet sources because they are just sooo unreliable and unhelpful, but then the issue was cleared up so easily and quickly, that I think instead I'm going to tell you that even when mistakes happen, there are still good people out there who genuinely care about their customers and want to meet their needs. So don't jump to conclusions like I did. :)

                                    -VaughnDL 

Comments

Popular Posts