Amazing Snorkeling

     Today we took a day sail around the islands and stopped at two different places to snorkel. The sailing was fun, but the snorkeling was amazing. Unfortunately, I couldn't take any pictures because I don't have an underwater camera, but if I did have one, you can bet that I would've taken a million pictures. We saw hundreds of fish, all different kinds, big ones, small ones, pretty ones, fat ones, skinny ones... We also saw a turtle (I was the first to spot him!) and a sting ray (not as scary as I thought it'd be. All of the marine life seem rather oblivious to our presence, which is nice). Luckily, we did not see the resident barracuda of Honeymoon Beach (one of the spots we stopped at). The captain had a name for him, but I forget what it was. She said he eats small fish, not humans, but I wasn't so sure:
Here is a picture of the sail boat:
Photo courtesy the Internet, not me. 
It really did look like this:
I wish I could've gotten pictures, like this girl with her handy dandy waterproof camera:
     But alas, you'll just have to believe me that it was beautiful. Snorkeling has definitely been my favorite part of the vacation so far. As my dad said, it feels like I've seen this stuff before: the fish and coral and sea urchins, but it's just because I've been to aquariums. It seriously looks like you're at an aquarium, but you're underwater and can reach out and touch anything you want. (Although I wouldn't suggest it.)
     The one thing I don't like about snorkeling is that you have to get out eventually. And once you get out of the water, you're immediately sticky and salty and your hair is all knotty and disgusting and you feel so gross. Ugh, I hate that feeling. I was super tired on the sail back and just wanted to curl up and fall asleep and once we got back to the condo, I took a shower (discovering that I got sunburn all over my back and but even though I put on sunscreen twice. Another downside to snorkeling: you're back is a wonderful sun absorber) and then slept on the couch for half an hour. 
     We went out to dinner at a burger place (I got a veggie burger that was delicious) and then got frozen yogurt (I got banana with strawberries in top. Mmh). Now I'm kind of tired and am going to read and then go watch the last episode of "Lost" (okay, so I lied when I said "only use my iPad for blogging and email". One episode of Netflix isn't so bad. It's dark out anyway. I can't enjoy the sun or the view anymore, so I may as well watch 45 measly minutes of TV.) That's a bigger thing: the sun sets way earlier here, by like 7:30. It's throwing me off. And the sunsets are better at home. But you can't get a view like this back where I live:
^Photo courtesy me.

Day 244 Song Recommendation: "To Whom It May Concern" by The Civil Wars.
-SE Wagner




Comments

Popular Posts