Popular Tag: VaughnDL

     So I just read SE's post, and laughed out loud at least three times. Maybe I'm just in a giggly mood, but I thought it was a pretty entertaining post, so if you haven't already read it, scroll down and read it first before you read mine.

1. Were you popular? 
No, not in the corrupt sense of the word. Yes, I have really great friends, and am pretty well liked, but I am not a Plastic.
And you know what? This is totally okay. 

2. Middle school experience? 
Oh goodness. I absolutely agree with SE that in middle school, everyone, absolutely everyone is a jerk. Middle school just doesn't make sense, because there are no younger kids to set an example for, and no older kids to look up to as role models. Everyone is basically the same age, so it's just one big festering bubble of jerky kids who haven't found their place in life yet. For example, middle school was when I first realized that I was interested in fashion, but I had no one to look to for inspiration or ideas of what stylish clothes looked like, because let's face it, in middle school basically everyone wears jeans and a t-shirt about 99% of the time. So there I was, wearing mismatched knee socks, plaid shorts, and a striped shirt, and wearing Christmas ornaments around my neck. Suffice it to say that Middle school was a very awkward time for me. Plus, I lost some very good friends in middle school, and that made me just kind of generally more reserved and angry most of the time. Not a good three years for me.

3. High school experience? 
I really like high school. As far as school years go, I think I've found my niche. Teachers treat you with respect once you get to high school, and you can be yourself a lot more easily because you have quite a bit more freedom. Plus, I've made/reconnected with some amazing friends (AB).

4. What is your most embarrassing school moment?
Oh my goodness, I don't think I'll ever be able to forget this for as long as I live, and it was soooo obvious that anyone who saw it happen will not soon forget it either. Okay, this is so embarrassing, but here we go. So I have this really cute formal blue dress that's like, a little above the knee length, and it was the first time I was wearing it to school, and I was wearing my favorite shoes, which were these little opened toe leopard print kitten heels, but the rubber had worn mostly off of the heel part, so it was kind of hard to walk in them. Anyway, I was walking down the hall to math class, you know, struttin' my stuff in my cute dress, and as soon as I was about to turn into my math class, where my math teacher and another teacher were both standing right in front of their doors, my heel slipped on the tile, and I literally did a split in the middle of the hallway. I mean, that's the kind of embarrassing moment that happens in a movie, or you read in a book, and it happened to me. I was soooo mortified, because my dress like, slid up my legs so that you could probably see my underwear if you were standing in front of me, which like I said, two math teachers were. Urg, it still makes me cringe to think back on it. I'll have to ask that math teacher if he remembers that. I can't imagine he forgets, although I really hope so, because it was RIGHT in the middle of the hall.

5. Did you play sports? 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

6. Did you have braces or glasses in school? 
No, but I did have a retainer in 3rd grade, and I just thought it was the greatest thing ever, even though I'm sure it just made me look like a huge dweeb.

7. Are you confident?
I mean, I'm not cocky, but I'm not un-confident. I think true confidence comes from trying to please yourself instead of others. That's what I try to do; dress the way I want, do the things I think are cool, and get excited about stuff that excited me. I think people who aren't confident are that way because they are looking to others for what they can find in themselves. And I also believe that being shy is not the same thing as not being confident. It's okay to not be comfortable with socializing with other people. That doesn't necessarily mean you don't have confidence.

8. Do you wear make-up?
Only on the rarest of rare occasions, and then it's usually just a bit of foundation and mascara, because I don't know how to do anything else, and I don't own like any make up. Going along with the confidence question, if you can't even be confident and happy with your own FACE then there's the root of your problem right there. I mean, what the heck, you were born with that face. Obviously it's supposed to look the way it does. Make up serves very very little purpose.

Well this basically sums up school in general. 
9. Are you a nerd, normal, outcast?
I am all three, and many other things as well.

10. How many best friends do you have?
The perfect amount. I have some of the most amazing and rare friends  in the whole world, and I wouldn't trade them for anything. Few people can be as happy as I am with their friends. I mean seriously, my friends are out of this world.

There you go. :)
                                      -VaughnDL  

Comments

  1. Aw, thanks. :) Loved the pictures, and what you said about confidence. I am so sorry about your split incident, but you have to admit that it makes for a good story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yeah, it is kind of funny, but still sooo embarrassing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts