Last Day of VBS and "Lost" Marathon

     VBS Day 5: Today was the last day of VBS, which meant there were water games... oh my. Let's just say that I got wet. Very, very wet. At first, I was just kind of meandering around on the edges of the water fight, kind of like, "If you hit me, that's fine, but I'm not going to ask for it" and then our pastor came up and squirted me and another girl in the back with a giant squirt gun, and then little kids were throwing water balloons at us, and soaking wet sponge ball things, and squirting us with squirt guns. One girl decided to use me as her sole target and chased me around the entire time, throwing water balloons at me until those ran out, and then throwing the wet balls at me, and then she got ahold of a little squirt gun and squirted that at me. I was very feeble in my attempts at escape and retaliation. Well, then I was over at the water fountain, and I heard, "Get her wet!" and then a bucket of water was dumped over my back. Lovely. Then I got drenched by the spray from one of the jumbo squirt guns, and more water dumped on me, and by the end of it I was soaking. And I had not brought a towel or a change of clothes. Great planning on my part. And then a kid scraped his leg and started screaming bloody murder, so the fun was called off and we spent a while picking up water balloon pieces. Then someone asked if I could take the trash can back inside, so I did and then as I was walking out one of the adult helpers was like, "Did you wash your hands?" and I just looked at her and she was like, "After you touched that?" and I was like, "Oh, no, I should go do that." So I went in the bathroom and washed my hands for her. But seriously? Okay, there was no trash in the trash can, for one, and for two, it's not like I rubbed my hands all over it. I carried it on the outside, which was clean enough, and for three, I was already wet and grassy and dirty, and it's not like I was touching anybody. Geez. Maybe I'm a filthy human being, or maybe some people are just germaphobes. I don't know. You tell me. But it was funny because the girl who chased me around and got me wet was like, "Hahaha, I got you wet!" when we were cleaning up in the bathroom and I was like, "Yeah, you did!" and she was like, "You never got me!" and I was like, "Haha, yeah". Like I said, I was feeble in my attempts at retaliation. Anyway, it was fun and I'd definitely do it again next year.

     So today DL came over and we had a "Lost" marathon. A while back I had propositioned that someone come over this summer and have a "Lost" marathon with me, and to my surprise, DL took me up on the offer! So we watched the first five episodes separately, and then she came over and we watched eight episodes in like, six hours. I felt confident that I would not want to watch "Lost" again for at least another few days, but then I got home from VBS and was like, "You know, I kind of feel like watching "Lost""... but don't worry. I'm not going to. Six hours of screen time is excessive, even for me.
     It was cool to watch it with DL, because I truly have forgotten most of what happens, so I could be surprised with her and not just be faking it. But occasionally I would remember something and have to contain myself. But at one point, I just couldn't contain myself because I suddenly knew what was going to happen and I was like, "Eek!" but then what I knew was going to happen happened later that episode, so there weren't any big spoilers. Also, if something happened that was weird/gross/reaction-worthy I would look over at DL to see her facial expression. It was usually something like this:
Just kidding it was more like...

So yeah, thanks for the fun day, DL. You've made me an addict.

Day 217 Song Recommendation: "A Girl Called Johnny" by The Waterboys.
-SE Wagner



Comments

Popular Posts