First Day of VBS

     Well, Joann Fabrics didn't have the same fabric I used on my dress, so it looks like I'm going to have to scrap it. This is frustrating and disappointing and further affirms that sewing can be way more work than it's worth. But, you know, what can you do? I'm going to try to reuse the fabric for making a bag, but it may not work if the pieces aren't big enough.
     But anyway, VBS started today at my church and it was fun. I've never done VBS before (gone to it or helped with it) so I didn't know what to expect, but it was cool. Except there was this one kid there, who was a fourth or fifth grader, and he called me "person". Like, "Hey, person! Person! Person, you sit here" and "Hey, person, move" and "Hey, were you trying to pick pocket me?!" I did not make up a single one of those examples. I think I'm a fairly nice and benign person, especially around kids, but this kid obviously felt the need to put me in my place. Ha. Oh, and so we were doing this skit about the birth of Jesus and the teacher gave Mary baby Jesus to hold, but Mary turned her back on the baby doll and crossed her arms and shook her head and said, "I don't want it" and so Joseph was like, "I'll take it!" and so the teacher gave Jesus to Joseph and Joseph held it and was like, "It's kind of creepy..." Haha. It was a pretty creepy doll. So that was funny.
     We had to listen to this song a bunch of times and do these hand motions with it, and I'm not really the dancing/gesturing/especially enthusiastic type, but I did my best to do the hand motions because I mean, who's watching? A bunch of six year olds. Big deal. Sometimes it's good to get out of your comfort zone.
     So yeah, VBS was good, I don't have much else to say, and I'm going to go try to finish The Year of Secret Assignments.

Day 213 Song Recommendation: "Set the Fire to the Third Bar" by Snow Patrol.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts