Feel Better Soon!

     VBS Day 3: So it started storming about an hour into VBS so instead of doing the game activity outside as we normally do, we went down to another part of the church and did it in a big room there. The activity was called "Island" or something like that and the object was to get to an "island" (hoola hoop) before the "shark" (a teen helper) got you and you could only have a certain number of people on each "island". Well, the room really did become an island when water started coming in from under one of the doors... we blocked it off with some tables, made the tables the front of the "boat" and played Pirate Ship. At snack time, a kid told me he was caring by eating his bagel. I asked him how that was caring. He said something to the effect of, "Umm... because I'm eating my bagel!" and I was like, "Who is that being caring to?" (he didn't have an answer). I asked him if he was caring by helping anybody, and he said he was caring by helping his brother. Later he told me he was caring by eating his grapes because then they went to grape heaven. And this was the kid who said the set was too sunny and it didn't look like it was going to storm and the lady told him to use his imagination. I think he took her advice to heart.
     For some reason the music video that I put in yesterday's post didn't get posted with the original post, but I edited it and put it in there again, so you should really go back and check it out. It's a great song.
     Nothing terribly interesting happened today, except that I found out that our good friend MF is sick and spent her day barfing her guts out, so a few good vibes sent her way would be, I'm sure, much appreciated.
     Get better right now, MF!!!
     And remember, "when you fell bad just go poop!"
If only it was that simple...

Day 215 Song Recommendation: "Three Little Birds" by Bob Marley. And when all else fails, listen to Bob Marley. "Don't worry 'bout a thing because every little thing gonna be all right..."

-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts