D'struggle

     Well, today is the last day of month one of "7". I wish I could say I had been more faithful in my fasting, but this past week and a half has been pretty rough going. It was like as soon as I didn't have some great big spiritual revelation, I just started to go down hill. Which is really dumb and selfish of me, and I hope that month two will be different. On that note, I'm rip rearing to go with my one skirt, two shorts, and four shirts starting bright and early tomorrow morning. Yahoo.

     Right now I am stifling hot because our air conditioner broke (it is currently being fixed by some random dudes outside). It's really pathetic to think that I feel suffocated after three measly days without AC, when AC wasn't even a thing until like, the 50s and 60s, and even then, most families still didn't have it in their homes. But what can I say, I'm a twenty first century kid, and I have known nothing but luxury since the day I popped out of the womb. Isn't that funny? We get so accustomed to being privileged. That's probably why there aren't as many missionaries or disaster relief people out there these days. Because why would we put ourselves in uncomfortable situations when we really don't have to, right? People are kind of disgusting and selfish, and we all know it. But at the same time, I really honestly do miss my AC, especially at night when I have to lay in a sheen of my own sweat trying to fall asleep to the pathetic breeze coming in my one bedroom window, even though the temperature outside is the same as the temperature inside. First world problems, I guess.

Movie Recommendation: The Secret Life of Bees. About a week ago I mentioned that I really wanted to see this movie, and now that I've read the book, and seen the movie (I bought it for four dollars at Second and Charles) I can honestly say it was really good, and I would recommend both to anyone. I kind of liked the movie better than the book, which is pretty unusual, but the book had some strange things that I didn't quite understand the purpose of (if you read the book you'll understand what I'm talking about) and the story is somewhat unrealistic, but still super good. :)

                            -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts