Church in the Park & Spotify

Elena Tonra, lead singer of "Daughter".
     Today we had church in the park to celebrate our pastor's 10th anniversary. It was fun. The VBS kids got up and did their song at the end. It was cute. (Wow, I'm being super descriptive today.) "Landfill" is playing in the next room and that song is the saddest, most achingly, torturously beautiful song I've ever heard. It just makes you feel. You can tell that she didn't make up those emotions; she felt them. It gives me the heart shivers. Like, sometimes you listen to a song and it makes you dance a little and you're like, "This is a catchy song; I think I'm going to buy it!" and then you hear a song like "Landfill" and you're like, "Good God. Who is this person and what the heck happened to them to make them feel like this and make me feel like this????"
     I love music.
     Recently I discovered Spotify. I realize that this app has been out for a while and I'm so behind the times. Whatever. I'm not one to jump on the bandwagon. I jumped on the bandwagon with Songza and hated it because one of the first playlist I came across was titled something like, "Songs for Getting High on a Saturday" and that just made me really mad because I'm a goody two shoes or whatever. No shame. So I deleted that app. Then, as I said, I discovered Spotify. It's better than 8tracks but not as good as Pandora. Pandora will always be my go-to music app. It's user-friendly and simple and idiot proof. Except it has ads. But so does Spotify. The one major benefit to Spotify is that you can go back to a song and listen to it again, which you can't do on Pandora. Also, some of the playlists are super long on Spotify, unlike on 8tracks, where they are usually eight tracks long. This can be good and bad. Good because you can choose a playlist and listen to it for hours and bad because I feel like I need to listen to every song, even if it's a fifty track playlist. I still haven't completely figured out all of the features on Spotify because there's so much to look at. But yeah, it's cool and it's free.
My dad's in the living room singing along to "Float On" by Modest Mouse. Music geek runs in the family.

Day 219 Song Recommendation: "Solar Sister" by The Posies.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts