7 Month 1: Food (Day 23)


Right now I'm at work and I'm extremely bored. No one comes on Sunday's. I have thirty minutes left so I thought I would just do my post. Since DL has been honest I will be honest too. This morning at church it took everything in me not to eat the beautiful glazed doughnut sitting on a plate. I did the right thing and just went home. At work I am constantly surrounded by food and it sucks! When you stand on your feet for four hours you get surprisingly hungry. I have eaten ice cream. The other day when we had VBS I ate macaroni and cheese. I thought that since it had cheese that meant that it was okay. Yeah right, the whole time I thought “Well DL has probably cheated too...” Now that we have been honest with each other we can end the last few days strong. Last night I have no idea why but I was extremely frustrated and it was the first time in the whole month that I had gotten mad at God. Like I blamed him for ‘making’ me do this. Then I am reminded that God doesn't have to care about us. He and Jesus could do just fine without us but yet he chooses to be a loving father. Instead of God yelling back all the things that he has done for me he wraps me in love and reassurance. Jesus doesn't see the flaws when he looks at us. He sees who we are. Just us.
Okay I can't pay attention I'm going to wait till I get home.
I'm home now.
That was just what I felt. The second time around has been surprisingly less spiritual. I only feel spiritual after I have finished. I have to share a story from VBS. The little boy in the picture with glasses became my new best friend. His name is Rockey and he has down syndrome but he is by far the cutest kid you will ever meet in your life. We became close this year. I was in charge of all the really little kids which I volunteered to do because I love babies and small kids. (Unlike DL) I don't see how people can't love little kids and babies. Yes they can be annoying but 'older people' can be just as annoying. Anyway. Like I said this week wasn't the best. Then I saw Rockey at the end of the day and I immediately felt better. He would always want to sit next to me or hold my hand or to give me a hug or what he calls 'snuggling'. His family is absolutely amazing and I don't think that they could love him more than they already do. By the end of the week I just wanted to cry because I didn't want to leave him. His family goes to a different church and they only come to VBS. So I just have to wait until next year...
Let's finish this month on a strong note DL.
DFTBA
-AB


Comments

Popular Posts