Yearbooks!

     Well, like AB and SE said, or will say, we have off school today because of a water valve breakage! That's cool with me. I mean, I got to go back to bed (not that I slept, I read) and I get to spend the whole day in my pajamas. :) Anyway, last night when I read AB's post, she said something that was really profound, and so I spent like ten minutes making a little picture quote thingie, and I'll post it here. If you couldn't tell, that picture is one of my favorite pictures. I wish I could just hop on a plane or boat or whatever and travel to see those pink houses because they look so happy and pretty.
     So our school yearbook came out this week, and the seniors already got to get theirs, so I was looking through my bros, and I'm actually in it a pretty good amount of the time. Two of the times, it's only like, a tiny bit of me, so little you can't even tell it's me, and another time, the caption of the picture says my name, but it's not even me! It does look like me, so they probably just got confused, but it's not me. Haha. Besides those few little flubs though, I'm in it several other times as well. I'm sure a lot of the reason that I'm in the yearbook as many times as I am has to do with the fact that the Yearbook teacher also happens to be my English teacher, but I'm not complaining. I didn't look too in depth at the rest of the book though, because I want it to be mostly a surprise when I get my own copy.
     Yearbooks are one of my all time favorite things. Especially the signatures and notes. Every time I crack open one of my old yearbooks, I get to experience things all over again because I always forget what people wrote. Haha. And as the years go on, it's interesting to see how the notes change. From simple "Have a good summer" to "Thank you for being such a great friend". It's funny how as we get older, we get closer to people. I guess that sounds kind of simple and obvious, but I don't remember actively trying to become closer to people. It just kind of happened. And that's pretty cool.
      


Movie Recommendation: When Harry Met Sally. This is one of those iconic 80s classics that everyone makes references to, but lots of people haven't actually seen. I just saw it this afternoon, and I liked it a lot. :)

                       -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts