Perfect 365

     So there's this app called Perfect 365 that I heard about from MF and I was bored so I decided to download it and I spent a while messing with my own face and I was shocked at how realistic it looked. Like, if I were to go take a bath in makeup, get my face slimmed and my nose thinned and my eyes enlarged and my eyebrows waxed, I could really look like that girl I'd created. And I realized that while it was a lot of fun to play with, apps like Perfect 365 encourage unrealistic expectations of beauty. I mean, the app is called Perfect 365. The problem I have with this app is that there are no options for widening a face, making a nose bigger, making cheek bones lower, making eyes smaller, or eyebrows thinner. It's always the opposite because that's what we see as beautiful. I mean, you can do ridiculous stuff with the app and make the person look really stupid, but for the most part the app is meant to make people look prettier. Like I said, it's a really fun app, but it's kind of stupid too. 









Or you can make it look ridiculous.

Oh, side note: during our "blog conference" we changed it so that anyone can comment on posts, so feel free to comment away!

Day 181 Song Recommendation: "Do You Wanna Dance?" by The Beach Boys.
-SE Wagner






Comments

Popular Posts