I Refuse to Shake My Thing

     One of my least favorite phrases is, "You have to be comfortable with being uncomfortable." This makes absolutely no sense. This is my Spanish teacher's favorite phrase, and something that we heard over and over at Link Leader training today. I'm sorry, but under no circumstances am I going to "shake that 'thang'" in front of my fellow classmates. I do not enjoy making people's eyes bleed. And I do not think that I need to be comfortable with being uncomfortable with dancing in front of people I barely know. I don't know why adults insist upon making introverts into extroverts through public humiliation. It just doesn't make sense. When I was a freshman and I had to go through freshman orientation with the Link Leaders, I did not enjoy all of the stupid activities and "ice breakers", or the upperclassmen chanting "Freshman! Freshman! Woo!" and pretending they were excited to be welcoming in some more little dweebs. I'm not enthusiastic about passing on this tradition, but I'm still going to be a Link Leader, because of the reasons DL listed. It may wind up being fun... as long as there is no more "shaking" of anyone's "thang".

Day 189 Song Recommendation: "Honeysuckle (Milwaukee)" by Canon Blue. Thanks to DL for this song.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts