Alligators & Water Main Breaks

Sorry...
     So guess what? Yeah, you'll never guess. We have off school today because of a water main break in the lovely town of our high school! My alarm went off this morning, I ignored it, my mom came in and woke me up, I grumbled and was dozing back off to sleep when I heard the sound of my mom walking up the stairs, the phone going "__________ High School will be closed today, Wednesday May 28th, 2014 due to a water main break in the town of ________" It was very surreal and at first I thought that I was dreaming, but then Mom walked into my room and said, "No school today!" and I grinned maniacally, said a drowsy "Yay!" and fell back to sleep. I had some weird dreams, let me tell you. In one of them, something happened to my right leg and I had to be in a wheelchair and for some reason I had to keep using public restrooms, and at one point I was like, "Screw this, I don't need a wheelchair" so I got up out of the wheelchair, and at first I was fine but then as I was walking into the bathroom my leg just kind of stopped working and I had to drag it into the stall. It was weird. Oh, and then I had a dream that we went to Hershey Park and it was pretty empty and we got on one of those wooden roller coasters and apparently it was malfunctioning because there were two rides going at once, in opposite directions, and we crashed with the other one, but instead of stopping we just rode over it (sorry to all of the passengers of the other roller coaster we probably killed). And then when we got off the ride, my grandparents were waiting in some mud and there were alligators in the mud and so we had to help them get out of the mud without getting eaten alive. It was very weird. We were like, "We should get out of here." And then my brother and I were sitting in church at the amusement park and you know that red and green aura thing that Voldemort and Harry get when they fight? Like, that twisted, rope-like bind between their wands? Yeah, that was around my brother and me. Oh, and before both of those dreams, I had another dream that someone was sick and we were taking turns giving them blood, and so it was my turn and I donated my blood and then when it was over I said, "Oh, shit!" (right in front of my grandma! (Not the same one that almost got eaten by an alligator)) and I was like, "It hasn't been 56 days since my last donation!" (you have to wait 56 in between whole blood donations. This is clearly very important to me if I remember it while I'm sleeping.)
     Anyway, those were my dreams from this morning. This is part of the reason why I sleep so late. Who wants to interrupt dreams as great as those?
     The dream about being in a wheelchair was actually kind of insightful. Like, I felt like I really understood what it was like to be handicapped, even though I never have been, and I don't know how I would know how that felt.
     I'm going to attempt to finish reading 7 today, although no promises because I have over 100 pages left and while it's interesting, it's not exactly a page-turner.  

Day 187 Song Recommendation: "Song for No One" by Miike Snow.
-SE Wagner

Comments

Popular Posts