Spring Please?

Today is one of those days when I just feel like sitting on the couch and surfing the net. (Where did the phrase "surfing the net" come from?) But, alas, I cannot. I have homework (20 pages of boring government nonsense to read and an essay about types of sentences to write) and I am still confined to thirty minutes of Internet use per day, and I think I already used all that up. Sigh. I have to keep telling myself that this is a good thing. But today it feels exhausting. I want to go outside and soak up the sun, but although it looks beautiful from the window, it's frigid out. I am craving spring like a diabetic craves sugar. (It took me a whole two minutes to come up with that pathetic simile.) I want it so badly. I want to be able to go outside and not have to bundle up in a thousand layers and shiver like crazy and go numb. I want to wear shorts and t-shirts and flip flops and walk outside and stetch my arms and say,"Ahh! It feels so nice out here." But friends, unless you live in the Southern Hemisphere, it is still winter and spring will not be here for another 23 days. 23 unbearable days. (Except for the two days in which DL turns 16 and AB, DL, and I see Divergent.)


Day Ninety-Six Song Recommendation: "Our Woodgrain Hearts" by The Genuine. This song makes me really realize that music is really just an expression. I can't make out what they're saying half the time, and yet I still love the song because of the way it sounds.
-SE Wagner
LPE (Longer Post Eventually)

Comments

Popular Posts