Fasting Is Hard!

     I must warn you ahead of time that this post is going to be short and boring and rambly and won't have any pictures and probably no videos because I'm blogging on my kindle, which is really frustrating to blog on because you can't do a lot of stuff that you can do on the actual computer, ie. add pictures and videos. Anyway, like SE already mentioned, we kind of faltered on our internet fast already, which is so thoroughly pathetic, and further proof that the fast is wholly needed. It's sad how hard this fast is for me! Every few minutes I have to remind myself not to open tumblr in another tab, or check my email, just because those things come so naturally. It really shouldn't be that way. We tend to view the internet, which is without a doubt, a luxury, as some sort of necessity, and that's not healthy or enriching in any way.
     Anyway, like I said earlier this week, I'm hoping to use this weekend to revitalize and rejuvenate myself after such a brain sapping school week, so wish me luck, especially when it comes to disciplining myself and following through with the internet fast. :)

Movie Recommendation: Oh Brother Where Art Thou? This is one of the most quotable movies, and also one of the very first movies to spawn my love for film. It's comedy, suspence, and history all in one, not to mention it's a quirky and unusual adaptation of Homer's The Odyssey. The first time I saw this movie I was around six or seven years old, and I thought it was a horror movie because of the Ku Klux Klan scenes, which were my first glimpses of the Klan, and instilled in me this kind of childhood rooted hatred for racism, which is the best kind. If you hate the idea of prejudice and racism as a child, you will hate it as an adult, but if you don't hate it as a child, you'll most likely never hate it. So there, this movie taught me about segregation and post slavery persecution of black Americans. So it was quite the educational movie, if I might say.
                                  -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts