Support the Little Guy

Change of plans.  I realized that in this day and age, people are not getting their song recommendations off of blogs.  Well, maybe a few.  But I don't think many people read blogs solely for the purpose of hearing new songs.  There are so many other options for getting songs- iTunes, YouTube, Pandora, 8tracks, the radio.  However, I still stand by everything I said yesterday, especially about music transcending language.  And I still love the song "Beginners".  And I still have songs I want everyone to hear, so I'm still going to recommend them.  But that'll be a minor thing at the end of the blog post.  Just a "by the way, here's a good song, listen to it if you like, don't if you don't" kind of thing.

On another note, it's snowing!  First of the season!  And I don't know how to indent on this thing and it's annoying me!  Maybe you're not supposed to indent on blogs... hmm...

Well, here's today's song- "Light of Love" by The Genuine.  Cool band name.  I just stumbled upon these guys on YouTube last week and I bought five of their songs on iTunes.  They're pretty cool.  I'd describe them as a mix between The Lumineers and The Civil Wars.  But I'm no expert.
Here's the Day 2 song:
I tried to find lyrics for this song, but there weren't any.  So support the little guy and go buy some of The Genuine's music so that they can at least get their lyrics on the Internet!  But with just my ear to aid me, I think he says "Kids will grow apart, learn the right things, do the wrong things, just know the things we learn is who we are."  I like that.  And you have to feel bad for the guy, his microphone goes stupid on him at 2:19 and he just steps back, keeps playing, and when he comes back to it, the mic's working again.  So yeah, support the little guy.

Comments

  1. To indent, I just hit the space button 5 times. It was annoying me too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts