A Slight Case of Writer's Block

     Oh, the potential of a blank page. And oh the horrors of writers block! There are so many things to write about, I have way too many opinions, that's for sure. I could easily crank out a whole article on one of them. Yet somehow, here I am, sitting at my computer, utterly uninspired. Thankfully, I just thought of a movie recommendation that surprisingly goes along well with my problem. The movie is Alex and Emma, a comedic romance about a novelist with writer's block and an opinionated stenographer. What I particularly like about this movie is the fact that the idea is totally original. We all know the basic plot of every single RomCom known to man, right? A dashing socialite falls for the quirky artist type? They have a tiny rift somewhere in the middle of the film, and then the extraordinary kiss comes in right around the one-and-a-half-hour mark, after, of course, they've solved their little quarrel. Bla bla bla. But Alex and Emma has a unique plot and unique characters and an interesting way of telling the story. The lives of the characters in Alex's book intertwine with the lives of Alex and Emma themselves. Sure, it's kind of cheesy and the acting isn't stellar, but it's different and somewhat memorable. You should check it out sometime.
                                                                              -VaughnDL


(Whilst perusing Bing Images ((I know, I would pick the easiest way possible to find pictures online)) for a picture of Alex and Emma I ran into a couple of photos of Emma Watson and her brother Alex, and wow, he totally looks like her! I know that's completely random, but here's a picture of them both:)

Comments

Popular Posts