Cannibalism Is Never the Answer. Seriously, Never.

     Well, right now, the weather outside is pretty gloomy, which puts me in the mind of a movie I love: The Day After Tomorrow. No matter how many times I watch and rewatch this film, it still takes me by total surprise. It also makes me genuinely paranoid that the world is going to end and I'm gonna die stuck in some big cold city library with Jake Gyllenhaal...okay, maybe that doesn't sound so bad after all. But really, my brain goes into overdrive every time I watch this movie. I'm always checking off in my head if I have all the survival equipment I need to make it through the apocalypse. Canned foods, check. Blankets, check. Matches, check. Portable DVD player, check. iPod and charger, check. Yeah, I would be a total wimp if I actually had to try and survive. No, that's not as true as I think it is. I think that if I were faced with the same situations as Sam, Laura, and Brian from The Day After Tomorrow, I would probably force myself to react in the same ways they do. Although I do have a slight problem with burning books. Those scenes from the film always make me cringe a little, even though I know they're just trying to survive. And at least they do preserve the Gutenberg Bible, so that definitely counts for something.
     Anyway, if you haven't seen this gem of a movie, you should definitely do so. It's wonderful, and there's something for everyone, as cliche as that may sound. I don't want to spoil it or anything so just trust me that it's good, okay? Other than that, have a great week, and a great Thanksgiving. Remember, if worse comes to worst, and you're stuck in The Day After Tomorrow, or a similar situation,  you can always just eat each other like the Donner Party. Obviously I'm kidding. Cannibalism is NEVER the answer.
                                                                                     -VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts