You Are Entitled To Your Opinion...Oh Wait, No You Aren't.

I would just like to state that most of everything I say is my opinion. If you respect my opinion i'll respect yours. Okay? Okay. In regards to the Phil Robertson's comments on gay people and being kicked off Duck Dynasty. Hearing about this broke my heart. I am a Christian. I do stand by traditional values. Do I hate gays and people who don't believe in the same thing that I do? Absolutely not. I believe that Phil is completely entitled to his opinion. Just because he has a show on A&E doesn't mean that, that is A&E's opinion. It is the Robertson's show. From the beginning of the show the producers of the show wanted the family to not use guns in any way and to take out the prayer.
Their reasoning? They didn't want to offend anybody.
This is what I have noticed with controversial topics. If you have the same opinion as everyone else it's okay to voice your opinions. If you don't then just forget it. Same sex marriage and relationship is an issue that I have thought about over and over again asking God why? I haven't gotten an answer, it's a thing called faith. Through this I have found that I will stand by my faith and what the bible and our heavenly father says. One day I will get a answer. Getting rid of Phil won't change anything. It will not quite the Christians, it will only make us speak more and pray more.
So a lot of people will think that God is to blame. That he is putting the hatred in our hearts and telling us to share that with the world. That isn't true, that isn't the God that I know. God loves everybody but he doesn't like the sin. That is the part I believe that everybody misinterprets.
Today one of my teachers decided to speak out about the issue when a group of boys in the class began to defend Phil, saying that it was his opinion. The teacher of this class is a extreme liberal. This wasn't the time or place to bring up the topic. I think she talked for about a half an hour to forty five minutes listening to her saying that Phil represented A&E, he was a public figure. He needed to control what he was saying. As she was talking DL and I were talking about our opinion of the subject.
Yes I understand why people were offended by what Phil said but like I said before he is entitled to his own opinion. Sarah Palin who a lot of people don't like for whatever reason
why. She said that Phil is allowed to voice his opinion because it is the first amendment. Not only freedom of speech but freedom of religion. Freedom of speech is not only for Liberals...sorry to burst your bubble.
I will continue to support Phil and his family through this ordeal. I pray that they will grow closer together and come out of this stronger.
God bless,
AB

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts