FRW Day One and Two: VaughnDL

     Day 1: 

SE suited me up in a blue and white striped dress that I bought for my birthday and have worn a couple times to church but never to school, so it was a good opportunity to wear something no one at school has seen before. I guess because I'm probably the most adventurous clothes-wearer of the three of us, for me this experiment will probably only make me look classier and more put together than my usual conglomerate of vintage and outdated clothes. Which is a good thing. But it also means that three of the five school days, I've been assigned to wear dresses and/or skirts. Which I shouldn't be complaining about because their my own clothes, but honestly I would not wear more than one, MAYBE two dresses a week. So this should be interesting. Anyway, the blue and white dress outfit was well received and was comfortable, so I'd wear it again, but next time, not on a Monday, haha. By the end of the day I was DONE wearing a dress.

Wear it again? Definitely!



     Day 2: 

Something I'm beginning to learn about my friends through this experiment is that they love to have me blinged out. Which makes a lot of sense considering the insane quantity of jewelry that I own...So I own a lot of jewelry, but I would not ordinarily wear this much of it at once. It's a good thing though, because I've gotten kinda lazy in the jewelry department and sometimes don't wear any jewelry at all, so now that I'm being forced to wear it, it's revitalizing my love for all things sparkly. Yesterday SE had me wear a pearl necklace, a pearl ring, pearl hoop earrings, and pearl stud earrings. Today, MF has asked me to wear a necklace, three rings, opal earrings, a short ear cuff on my left ear, and a long ear cuff on my right ear. Since I'm writing this in the morning, we'll see how this outfit goes today, and then I'll talk about it this evening some more.

Later: This outfit was a nice reprieve from yesterday's dress. I love the way dresses look, but I'm not a huge fan of wearing them. At least not usually for longer than a few hours for church. Anyway, I didn't get that many compliments on this outfit, but I don't think that's a reflection on MF's outfit abilities at all. I think people were just less talkative today, teehee. Halfway through the day I had to ditch the long ear cuff because it was getting really painful, a searing reminder of why I haven't worn that particular piece of jewelry since junior year. Other than that there were no outfit mishaps and I was totally comfortable in this outfit all day.

Wear it again? With some modifications to the shirt probably, but yup! (The shirt's sleeves are insanely flowy, which is why I hadn't ever worn the shirt before, so MF had me roll the sleeves up)

-VaughnDL

Comments

Popular Posts